gdb remote debugging with threads

Hi,

  Excuse me. I know GDB should have supported remote
debugging with multi-threads, but I still encounter
problem.

  I'm using GDB 6.3 (host=target=i686),

case (1):
   I compile my program with shared library.
   To make the environment simple, I make the host
computer and target computer two identical platform
(ie. same i686 cpu and same library path).

  But when I run remote debugging, the following are
reported:
  On the host computer running GDB, it reported:
"warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" is
not at the expected address.

  and when I use "info threads", I cannot see all
other threads I have created during the execution.

case (2):
  I compile my program  with static library.
  Still use two identical platform as my host and
target computer.

  But when I run remote debugging, the following are
reported:
  On the target computer side, it reported:
"cannot find new threads: generic error".

  On the host computer side, it reported:
"Ignoring packet error, continuing".

  And again, when I use "info threads", I cannot see
all other threads I have created during the execution.

  Please advise anyone have any idea how to get around
this?????
  Please advise. Thank  you for your attention.

Regards.
Peter Choi