Re: Should "dir" override the full path encoded in debug info?

 >> I think that's a bug, but the fix for the bug won't make you any
 >> happier - if told to fix it, I'd probably make the compilation
 >> directory be searched first.  But don't quote me on that; I
 >> haven't looked at this code in a while (I have another bug to fix
 >> in it but it takes me so long to re-internalize how it works that
 >> I haven't done it yet).

 Joel> That's what I thought too. I don't think it's a big deal
 Joel> because our setup is probably pretty rare. I'll see about the
 Joel> new rewrite command. Any suggestion on the name of that new
 Joel> command and its syntax. Something like this?

 Joel> (gdb) rewrite-source-path old-pattern new-pattern

 Joel> Or rewrite-source-dir. It's a bit on the longer side, but can't
 Joel> find any better name. Help!

I called it "source-substitution" but "rewrite-source-path" is
clearer.  I wouldn't make it "rewrite-source-dir". At least in my
case, it's a rewrite of the entire name, so (in theory at elast) it
could rewrite the filename.  In our case that hasn't been needed but
why disallow it?

    paul