Re: debugging release shared libraries

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:10:36PM -0700, Lee wrote:
> It just seems that there is just no way to get around
> having all of the binaries to debug a core, or compile
> everything with -g and always running the larger
> libraries.

Or as you mentioned use .gnu_debuglink to run the smaller libraries,
but yes, if the libraries aren't in your core dump then you need to
know exactly which ones they were.

Someone recently proposed to include shared libraries in core dumps on
linux-kernel, but the patch didn't get much attention.  I think it was
David Miller.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery