Re: gdb-6.5 produces infinite backtrace on ARM

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:32:04PM +0200, Zarges, Olav wrote:
> Sounds pretty good. Good job! I can't wait to lay my hands on the patch...
>
> Another question arose from you answer: what is a gdb/mi front-end supposed
> to do when a message like
>
> 	"Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC" or
> 	"Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)" or
>
> is returned at the end of the backtrace? Eclipse just throws away the
> complete backtrace for the corresponding thread.

What other versions of GDB are you looking at?  With older versions, it was an
^error; with newer it's a ~"console output message".  I would not
expect Eclipse to throw away the backtrace if there's a console output
message.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery