Re: Virtual Machine and GDB

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:57 +0100, Cai Qian wrote:

> OK. The VM does not have a debugger at the moment. That is why I try
> to debug remotely. "New instruction set" means it is not i386, SPARC,
> SuperH etc, and GDB does not support the arch yet.

Right -- so once you get your gdbserver to talk to gdb,
the next thing you have to do is teach gdb to understand
your new architecture.

If you look at some of the base architecture ports that you
mentioned, for instance sh-tdep.c or h8300-tdep.c, these
are examples of what I mean.  They tell gdb how to interpret
the register set etc. of the given target architecture.

You need to write one of these for your target.