Re: arc argv problems

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:30:13PM -0700, Lee wrote:
> I am doing all of this on linux gdb build
> gdb-6.5.50.20060823
>
> I dumbed down my script for demo purposes here
> I even downloaded some sample .gdbinit files and they
> did not work either
>
> I am not sure if this is a bug, or user error

Your GDB appears to be very, very broken.  I get completely different
results using the same gdbinit, which look correct.

> edircpr:/gdb/gdb-6.5.50.20060823/gdb # vi ~/.gdbinit
> edircpr:/gdb/gdb-6.5.50.20060823/gdb # gdb
> GNU gdb 6.4
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
> Public License, and you are
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
> under certain conditions.

You appear to have edited out your platform.  Where are you running
this?
> I have also tried using $ARGC etc, but I think the
> correct one to use is $argc $argv

$argc and $arg0 and $arg1.

> Also I have not found any good scripting references
> specific to gdb.  While it is very similar to other
> things, there are things that work special like printf
> that are close but not the same.

It's all in the GDB manual.  Search for $argc.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery