Re: Error running remote gdb

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 00:08 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 08:31:34PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> > The last message from gdb to the target, "$vCont;s:6098;c#67",
> > doesn't seem to make sense.
>
> Does to me.  Probably breakpoint_here_p has failed, for some reason.

I meant, "doesn't make sense unless something else is wrong".
Ie., if for instance breakpoint_here_p has NOT failed, then
gdb should have stepped over the breakpoint before continuing.

I wonder why breakpoint_here_p would fail?  It's a fairly
simple function, there's only one breakpoint, and it doesn't
fail very commonly (to my knowledge).

> I've seen this related to DECR_PC_AFTER_BREAK breakage, but on PPC
> that's unlikely unless the GDB in question is very badly misconfigured.

Right -- well, if that's the case, then it will still fail
if Bizhan runs the experiment that I suggested, with vCont
out of the picture.  We should see gdb issue an ordinary
continue request, without first stepping over the breakpoint.