Re: gdb for multicore processors?

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 11:29 +0800, Bridge Wu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to know whether gdb support multicore debugging now. I searched
> below from this mailing list, but didn't know the current status. Is
> there any plan or roadmap to support multicore debugging?

The most interesting "thread" of conversation (pun intended)
that I've taken part in has been with the idea that, if they
are symmetric multi-processors and if they are running the same
code, we could somehow hoax them into the thread model.  Treat
each core as a thread.

This could for instance be done with cooperation from the
target side.  If gdb were talking to a remote stub or
gdbserver, then the remote side could simply report each
core using a different "thread id", and to gdb it would be
transparent.