Re: dwarf2-frame vs set_loc

> GCC was temporarily changed to use DW_CFA_set_loc at the start of FDEs.
> I believe that change has now been backed out again; it was wrong (and
> partly my fault).  But Debian happened to pick up a snapshot containing
> that patch and it caused a couple of GDB test failures.  At least one,
> anyway, I'm not sure if the other two had the same cause.  This is on
> x86_64.

It is something we also saw in GCC 4.1 and was planning on looking at
this issue for ourselves too sometimes this afternoon or maybe monday
(provided I don't have any other schedule change again). Interestingly,
I stopped at the same place you did...

Let me see if I can have a look within the next few days. Let me know
if you have time earlier to look into this, so that we don't duplicate
efforts.

What's the status at the compiler level, by the way? Still backed out?
If this is the case, I might have to work a bit harder to still be able
to reproduce the problem, because the compiler I have access to is
rebuilt nightly. I should have made a copy of the compiler :-/.

--
Joel