Re: GDB printf command

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:09:03PM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> The expression parser/evaluator must use host types at some level. Does
> this not have similar horrors hidden away? If this can convert target
> types to host types (of at least the same precision) can the printf not
> be implemented with the same mapping somehow?

Well, I suppose all we need to do is appropriate widening.  We can pass
everything to the host code as LONGESTs and DOUBLESTs.

Are you interested in working on this?  If so, I can quickly pull
together a patch to add the printf backend that I was thinking of;
all it'll need is glue.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery