Re: [rfc] "reset" / "create-inferior" commands

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> [I would actually have picked "restart" over "reset", but that's taken for
> checkpoints.  We could still steal it and use "restart checkpoint 1" for
> checkpoints, if others think restart is preferable to reset.]

I would say that 'reset' is better. The issue I have with 'restart' is
simple: it seems related to the 'start' command which does something
totally different.

Even semantically 'reset' seems more clear (to set anew). Maybe 'reinit'
would be even better?

That's a command for pretty advanced users. Even if the name isn't
descriptive enough it isn't a big deal... but I think avoiding the
confusion with 'start' is important for basic users.

Fred.