Re: GDB 6.6 branch cut off date: 2006-11-15 ?

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:29:04AM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to decide at which point in time should we start the
> GDB 6.6 branch. I propose 2006-11-15, which is right after the
> Xtensa port was checked in. We will be missing:
>
> 2006-11-16  Maxim Grigoriev  <maxim2405@gmail.com>
>
>         * MAINTAINERS (Responsible Maintainers): Add myself for Xtensa.
>         (Write After Approval): Add myself.
>
> 2006-11-16  Daniel Jacobowitz  <dan@codesourcery.com>
>
>         * remote.c (PACKET_QPassSignals): New.
>         (last_pass_packet, remote_pass_signals): New.
>         (remote_protocol_features): Add QPassSignals.
>         (remote_query_supported): Correct an infinite loop.
>         (remote_open_1): Reset last_pass_packet.
>         (remote_resume): Call remote_pass_signals.
>         (_initialize_remote): Register "set remote pass-signals".
>
> If I cut the branch at the date I planned, I will definitely port
> the change to MAINTAINERS. How about the second?

I'd rather have it included, along with the NEWS entry for it which
I'll commit in a second, since we just got a bug report that it should
fix.  But I won't be heartbroken if it isn't.  I'll likely add it
to the Debian packaged version though.

> I will try to cut the branch this week-end, and start the testing.
> Target release date: One month after that, which would be around
> December 18th.

This sounds excellent.  Should I assume that the branch will be dated
at some point before today, then?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery