Re: Variable values before initialisaton

Out of interest why is there no way to get it right? Do you think I
should email the GCC list about it and ask, or do you think it's
wasted effort?

Thanks,
Rob

On 23/11/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 05:32:39PM +0000, Rob Quill wrote:
> How could I go about looking into a fix? I wouldn't really know where
> to start, but it is quite annoying for what  am trying to do.

You have to emit proper debug info from the compiler.  It's the only
thing that knows.  However, for things where initialization is
complicated (like classes), there's basically no way to get it right.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery