usability: exiting from GDB

Hi all

GDB is a great tool that efficiently does what it needs to do, and I use
it almost every day. But there's something about it that annoys be every
single time I use it. I wonder if this is something that other people
find, and if so, perhaps there's solution?

What I would like is that (a) the 'ctrl-C' behaviour from the gdb prompt
was changed so that instead of (I think uselessly) outputting 'Quit' and
bringing up another prompt line, it actually *did* quit GDB. Or,
alternatively, (b) that the following prompted could somehow be
persistently disabled: "The program is running. Exit anyway? (y or n)".

I often find that in exiting GDB, which requires ctrl-D to be pressed
twice, I press ctrl-D three times and end up also logging out of my
terminal program, which is annoying.

Another issue is that after exiting GDB via ctrl-D-ctrl-D, GDB doesn't
output a newline, which causes the following bash input line to be
messed up.

I realise that this is a long-winded email about a very minor issue.
Humour me?

Cheers
JP