Re: Likely obsolete pieces of GDB

> > hppa*-*-hiux*
>
>  Definitely obsolete.

However, there is no real benefit in dropping this, since the configuration
is identical to hppa*-*-hpux*.

> > vax-*-*
> >
> > 	(But not NetBSD or OpenBSD)
>
>  Ultrix still might work but I doubt anybody other than myself still
>  has such a machine running.  There still some interest in linux.

I lost my SIMH Ultrix image to a disk crash a while ago.  However, I'm
somewhat attached to vax-nat.c, since it is the best example of the
way the traditional UNIX ptrace() worked.

> > osf-share
> >
> >     Something from this directory is used to build hpux-thread.o.
> >     The rest of it is unused.  hpux-thread.o is only enabled for
> >     CMA threads, and PROBLEMS says (build/1411) that this hasn't
> >     built at least since GDB 6.5.  HP/UX has deprecated CMA threads
> >     as of 11i.
> >
> >     Is support for CMA threads still useful?  Note that I'm talking
> >     just about hpux-thread.o, not about support for HP/UX 10.20.  The
> >     PR is still open and still listed in PROBLEMS, but it looks like
> >     Dave Anglin fixed it on 2004-11-22, so maybe it is.  Or maybe
> >     support for that platform is useful but not support for OSF
> >     threads.
>
>  I think CMA threads is still useful for HP-UX 10.  GCC 4.3 still builds
>  on this target with DCE/CMA thread support.  I will continue to support
>  HP-UX 10 in GCC at least for HP-UX 10.  This generation of HP machines
>  have proved very reliable and many are still running.
>
>  I have built 6.5 on HP-UX 10.20.  I will report back on the current
>  status of the cvs source.

The build problems on HP-UX 10.20 seem to depend on which OS patches are
installed.