Re: Reference to old glob directory in gdb 6.5 makefile

I solved this issue by taking the gdb 6.6 source from sourceware.org. I
got the other source from

http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu

Now I've built gdb and, when I run a program in gdb, I get the following
message:

[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Not owner]
warning: no shared library support for this OS / ABI
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x1a968: I/O error.

osabi is set to "auto", which means "AIX". The tcsetpgrp error is the
result of attach_flag not being set.

What is the current state of support for aix5 on powerpc? Is this a gdb
issue or a bfd issue?

Many thanks,

--
Ian White
Raytheon

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
01/19/2007 11:37 PM

Ian C White <Ian_C_White@raytheon.com>
cc
gdb@sourceware.org
Subject

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 05:48:26PM -0500, Ian C White wrote:
> I'm trying to build gdb 6.5 on an ibm Power 5 running AIX 5.3 and get
the
> following error:
>
> config.status: creating glob/Makefile
> config.status: error: coannot find input file: glob/Makefile.in
> make[2]: *** [stamp-h] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '~/gdb-6.5/gdb'
>
> From the thread referenced in the link below, I understand that I'm not
> the only one to encounter this problem, which seems to relate to version

> control.

No - no one seems to know where it comes from or how.  Can you figure
out what in your configure script causes it to create glob/Makefile?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery