Re: Reference to old glob directory in gdb 6.5 makefile

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:08:00PM -0500, Ian C White wrote:
> I solved this issue by taking the gdb 6.6 source from sourceware.org. I
> got the other source from
>
> http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu

Interesting.  I will recommend people take sources directly from
sourceware.org / gnu.org the next time this is reported.

> Now I've built gdb and, when I run a program in gdb, I get the following
> message:
>
> [tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Not owner]
> warning: no shared library support for this OS / ABI
> Warning:
> Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
> Error accessing memory address 0x1a968: I/O error.
>
> osabi is set to "auto", which means "AIX". The tcsetpgrp error is the
> result of attach_flag not being set.
>
> What is the current state of support for aix5 on powerpc? Is this a gdb
> issue or a bfd issue?

These I am afraid I don't know.  Joel tests on AIX; last I remember, it
was a bit bad, but not this broken.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery