Re: FW: gstack

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:06:37AM -0800, Bloch, Jack (SNL US) wrote:
> Perhaps I was not clear. Is there a way in GDB to display the signal
> which hit the program being attached to?

Hmm, I don't think there is.  On a lot of systems there's no way to
tell.  If you know inside the application, you could save it in a
global and have GDB print it - it's possible to get that to work
even if you do not have debug symbols.

> I expected that the thread apply all bt full would display parameters
> but the target binary has no debug symbols although I would have thought
> that the values would still be displayed

No, we can't display arguments without knowing their types, so we need
debug info.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery