RE: GDB solib interface

We figured out a fix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Stephen (SWCOE)
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Smith, Stephen (SWCOE); Daniel Jacobowitz
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: RE: GDB solib interface

Weird issue, we have implemented the patch for the remote protocol using
the patch that you posted with some minor tweeks. We are getting ready
to internally release the updated gdbserver and found a problem.

On our platform, it is not possible to hook the function that
dynamically loads the libraries, so I was checking to see if new
libraries were loaded after the processor hit a breakpoint (i.e.
immediatetly following the prepare_resume_reply() for the C, S, c, and s
packets).  Everything works well unless the following two things are
true:
   * there are new libraries which are then reported
   * the program counter stopped at the location
     which has a GDB applied breakpoint.

In this case, the instruction which is where the breakpoint was inserted
is not executed and in our case a fault occurred.

Since on my platform I won't halt because of a library load, where
should I place this check?