Re: [BUG] Tab Expansion for C++

Hi Daniel,

> > the TAB expansion for C++ class members in GDB is - unfortunately - close
> > to useless.
>
> That's your misunderstanding right there - GDB doesn't support context
> sensitive tab completion at all.
>
> I think Pierre implemented this for Pascal once, but it was never
> merged.  Aha, there's the patch - April 2002.  There's a bit of yacc
> hacking required.  I'm not really sure how it would work for C++,
> but I think badly: the grammar will not gracefully handle partially
> typed expressions, like "p ( x.<tab>".

Well, interested in a patch? It might need some tweaking to be sensitive
to the language (i.e. to accept the :: in C++ code only). Sure enough,
it won't fix *all* the problems, but I'm using it here daily and it is
a big improvement. I would need some help of the gdb gurus though to integrate
it "nicely".

So long,
	Thomas