Re: GDB and scripting languages - which

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Python is a full-fledged programming language, not a language created
for extending other programs.  Do you really think we need networking,
graphics, and GUI in GDB scripts?  That sounds like an awful overhead.

It might *sound* like an "awful overhead", but that's really pure FUD unless you document exactly what your concern here is. Python is used successfully in this context in many tools. It is not as though GDB is a tiny program you are trying to squeeze into 8K bytes!

As for familiarity with it, the GDB scripting language we have now is
even less widespread than Lua.

That's not an argument, you can't say "what we have now is bad, so we don't need any better" :-)