Re: Organization of breakpoint locations

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
One nice thing is that if you kill or crash GDB today, it tends to leave breakpoints removed. If it didn't do this huge massive
removal, it probably wouldn't - perhaps we should add a signal handler
that takes care of that if we change it.
I always thought (speculated) that breakpoint removal was to simplify things like

(gdb) x /i $pc

Where you don't want to see the INT instruction, but the original value.
GDB crash does sound like another reason.
Being curios, I'd like to ask what was the original reason for
this behavior? Does anyone know? I never saw it documented anywhere.

--
Michael Veksler
http:///tx.technion.ac.il/~mveksler