step through entire file, saving each line to file?

hello!  I'd like to step through an entire program, and dump each executed
line fo file.  I can do
gdb myprogram > tee savefile
(gdb)display/i $pc
(gdb)start
(gdb)si

and it displays the currently executed line.  I'd like the equivalent of
typing si multiple times; trying
(gdb) si 1000
apparently steps through 1000 lines and shows me THAT line.

Is there some nifty si or shell trick to do this?  Sorry for the newbie
question, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
dexter