Re: gdbmi.el not working with emacs 22

 > The gdbmi.el file says it should work with emacs 22 by just dropping it in.
 >
 > I tried it with this emacs 22: http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html
 > Using MinGW gdb 6.3-2 from here:
 >      http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gdb-6.3-2.exe?download
 > I downloaded gdbmi.el out of CVS.
 > http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/gdb/mi/gdb-mi.el?cvsroot=src
 >
 > The same gdb/emacs combo works fine with the regular M-x gdb mode and
 > --annotate=3, namely it shows the current line indicator and
 > breakpoints properly.

I'm glad to hear that this works with MinGW.

 > However M-x gdbmi with the default command-line did not work
 > properly.  It is able to debug, but the decorations don't show up in
 > the margin.

Emacs 22 has probably changed too much in CVS in that time.  It *should* work
with latest GDB (6.6) but I don't know if MinGW has such a build.

 > Is this a bug, or a known issue, or what?
 > Should I file a bug report?

Please don't file a bug report.  It does says in the file that it's under
development, but perhaps it should carry a stronger health warning.  If you
want an easy life then use the mode in Emacs 22.  If you want to help develop
gdb-mi.el then, welcome!, but you will need the latest GDB and to post your
findings here.  The plan was/is to keep it synchronised with GDB once Emacs is
released.