Re: Improving GDB for multicore and embedded system!

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:08:55AM +0100, Denis PILAT wrote:
> Today multicore debugging means multiple instance of gdb running at the
> same time. I don't know how possible it is to enhance gdb so that it can
> handle multiple programs running on different architecture.
> I guess Daniel should have a good vision on that.

No one has ever convinced me that there's a good reason to do this,
rather than wire up things like DSF to drive multiple GDB's, if the
cores are not all running the same architecture and program image.  If
they are, we generally present them as threads, and that works very
well.

However, I have relatively little experience with non-symmetric
multicore debugging - I have a board lab at home but it doesn't
include any multicore targets, and we haven't done much with them at
my job, either.  I'm always interested in learning more about new
debugging models, or having an opportunity to do work on them.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery