From: Daniel Jacobowitz [mailto:drow@false.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:16 PM
To: Dave Korn
Cc: Fahd Abidi; gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Building GDB Statically

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:07:55PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>   Most GNU software allows you to specify "--disable-shared" as an
> option to the configure command to obtain a statically-linked build;
> this takes care of everything you need to do for both compiler flags,
> linker flags, libtool settings etc.

Actually, --disable-shared normally only generates static libraries
instead of shared libraries.

Setting LDFLAGS or CFLAGS should work.  However GDB may or may not when
moved between systems; I do not recommend the use of static binaries.
Compiling a dynamically linked binary on the oldest interesting system
works best.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery