Re: TUI + gdbserver broken?

Pedro Alves wrote:

But it is. Going back to cvs before the following patch fixes both problems I see on Cygwin.

2007-02-27 Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@codesourcery.com>

   * frame.c (deprecated_selected_frame): Rename to...
   (selected_frame): ...this.  Make static.
   (get_selected_frame, select_frame): Update.
   * frame.h (deprected_select_frame): Delete.
   (deprecated_safe_get_selected_frame): Update comments.

   * breakpoint.c, cli/cli-cmds.c, f-valprint.c, infcmd.c, inflow.c,
   infrun.c, stack.c, tui/tui-disasm.c, tui/tui-source.c,
   tui/tui-winsource.c, valops.c, varobj.c, findvar.c, macroscope.c,
   parse.c, regcache.h, sh64-tdep.c, tui/tui-hooks.c, tui/tui-win.c,
   tui/tui.c: Replace references to deprecated_selected_frame.

(gdb) c
Continuing.
Remote communication error: Software caused connection abort.

I recommend set debug remote. What does gdbserver do when this happens?

It ends successfully. I'm out of time for today to look further.

I've looked further.

Here's what happens, on TUI + gdbserver:

(...)
Packet vCont (verbose-resume) is supported
Sending packet: $vCont;c#a8...Ack
Packet received: W00
Sending packet: $g#67...Remote communication error: Software caused
connection abort.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

gdb is sending a g packet after a W.  Something in gdb didn't
realize that the the target already exited.  I'm posting
a patch at gdb-patches with a deeper rationale.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves