RE: GDB receives SIGKILL

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 11:15 +0400, Vadim Shmelev wrote:
> Thanks for comments, Michael. Below I try to comment your comments.
>

> > (gdb) handle SIG32 nostop noprint
> > Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
> > SIG32         No        No      Yes             Real-time event 32
> > (gdb) handle SIG33 nostop noprint
> > Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
> > SIG33         No        No      Yes             Real-time event 33
>
> Why did you do the above?  Those signals are part of
> linuxthreads handling and debugging.  There should be
> no need to silence them -- if there is, it could be a
> sign of something wrong.
>
> -COMMENT-------------------------------------------------------------
> If I enable SIG32 and SIG33 gdb will be stopped at every thread switch.
> -END COMMENT---------------------------------------------------------

Well, this indicates that something is wrong right there.
There is some mis-match between gdb, the target, and the
target thread libraries.

I see that you have a modern gcc (4.1.1), but an older glibc (2.3.5)
and a fairly old gdb (6.3 something, circa 2004).  Are you on an older
Red Hat distribution, and have you perhaps added a newer gcc to it?

Are you sure that your glibc is configured for old-style linux
threads, and not NPTL threads?

Have all of your glibc components (including libpthread and
libthread_db) been configured and built together?  Or have
some of them been changed?

What about the possibility of linking most of your libraries
statically, but linking libpthread and/or libthread_db
dynamically?