Failed to read a valid object file from memory

Hello,

I've recently started getting this 'warning':

$ gdb csat
GNU gdb 6.6
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/pmatos/software/satscheme/csat/src/csat
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

Although I can still use gdb, its usage is highlt hindered because I
get, for example, no usable backtrace.

Using kernel 2.6.19 on a Pentium4 laptop.Can't understand why this is
happening. I've seen several references to this problem online but
none with a possible solution.

Any ideas?

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm