Re: [RFH] adding gdb.pascal subdir

> RFH stands for 'Request for help';
>

> I discussed a while ago with Daniel Jacobowitz
>
> the possibility of adding some basic tests for pascal language support.

<snip>

> Pierre Muller
>
> Maintainer of GDB pascal language support.
>

> PS, specifically for gpc mailinglist:
>
> is there a unified and version independent symbol name for
>
> the main procedure in the main program?
>
> Using 'break main'
>
> stops at some  <implicit code>
>
> The main procedure seems to be called
>
> _p__M0_main_program
>
> but this is for gpc 20060325 based on gcc 3.4.6 for Ubuntu
>
> Is this symbol still valid?
>
> Is it supposed to stay unchanged in future releases?
>
> To be able to break at the first line of the main procedure
>
> seems like a minimal requirement that is not met for GPC
>
> and GDB right now.

_p__M0_main_program is valid on all platforms. It should not
change without important reason.  Earlier gpc versions used
'pascal_main_program' however somewhere in 2005 gpc started
to support qualified identifiers which included name mangling.
The name for main program was changed to fit into general
scheme (and decrease chance for random conflict).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl