Re: question about -file-exec-and-symbols gdbmi command

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:36:37PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > > Perhaps it could be a GDB option.
>  >
>  > Okay thank you for the hints, Nick.
>  >
>  > I maybe I could try a patch that introduces a new command that clears
>  > all the breakpoints when you load a new file ?
>
> I was thinking modifying the GDB environment with the set command, e.g.,
>
> set breakpoint auto-clear on/off
>
> I think a new command would make behaviour hard to toggle, with a front end
> say.
>
> I can't approve your patches, so don't do anything yet.  Wait for Daniel
> Jacobowitz, for example, to give his opinion.

I don't see the point.  If you want to delete breakpoints when you
load a new file, why not just do so?  It's easy with -break-list and
-break-delete.

It shouldn't happen automatically.  For instance, one use of
-file-exec-and-symbols is to tell GDB that the file has been recompiled.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery