small doubt in prompt_for_continue() : gdb code

Hi,

gdb/utils.c: prompt_for_continue()
---
---
---

if (ignore)
{
      char *p = ignore;
      while (*p == ' ' || *p == '\t')
        ++p;
      if (p[0] == 'q')
        async_request_quit (0);
      xfree (ignore);
}

While debugging, if pagination mode is set and the
result of the given command is more than one page it
should ask like
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

IF we want to stop scrolling, we will press q.

Some times my 'q' is not working.

I guess this is because of the asyn_request_quit
behaviour.

If so, how can we put it in syncchronization way ??

Pleasse correct me if am wrong.

Thanks
Seetharam