trying to build gdb with renamed cygwin1.dll

Hello,

I was trying to build a gdb version that would use a renamed version of
cygwin1.dll and some of the other dll's that gdb seem to depend on. I
determined all the dll's that gdb relies on using the "cygcheck" command

My purpose is to try and build a gdb that so I can move it across
different windows platforms with out worrying about newer or older
versions of the cygwin dll interfering. I already looked at the MinGW
option but the newer versions of gdb do not build against mingw32.

My procedure was something like so, copied and renamed the dll's
cygwin1, cygiconv-2,cygitl-3,cygcurses-8,tcl84,tk84 into another
directory. Then tried to compile gdb against these renamed dll's by
using the --libdir configure option. Unfortunately the resulting gdb
executable totally ignores these renamed libraries and still links
against the original dlls.

Is this going to be possible to do?

Thanks allot in advance.

Fahd