Is this the right list...

to ask questions regarding how to use gdb?  The web site indicates it is for
discussing enhancements, but I don't see a user list.  If it is, here's my
question:

When a program goes off into a daemon, or an endless loop or whatever, how do
you get gdb attention (i. e., get a prompt so you can stop/check/abort the
program)?

TIA
anw