RE: Thread debugging. GDB for ARM.

Did you try the threads stuff in Section 4.9 of the documentation?  I've never used arm, but it works for native debugging; although I guess this is a naïve suggestion;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: gdb-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:gdb-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of gomrioje
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 9:18 AM
To: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Thread debugging. GDB for ARM.

Could you give me a hint about thread debugging running on arm?

My configuration:
Host Linux PC -> gdb
    $ /usr/local/bin/gdb --version
    GNU gdb 6.4.90
    This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-linux --target=arm-linux"

Target ARM (AT91RM9200) -> gdbserver
    # ./gdbserver --version
    GNU gdbserver 6.6-debian
    gdbserver is free software, covered by the GNU General Public
License.
    This gdbserver was configured as "arm-linux-gnu"
The thread library of gdbserver:
libthread_db.so.1->libthread_db-1.0.so

I am trying to debug a thread application (POSIX), using:
libpthread.so.0->libpthread-0.10.so

The problem is that I can not get into the threads code...
No breakpoints, nothing... but it works ok in the main process.

Could you help me?

--
Jesus Gomez Rio
R&D Technician