Debugging pthread in ARM.

I am not able to see the point of Daniel (mea culpa).
I have readen documentation as recommended by Daniel and William.
Maybe trying again...

The application uses: pthread_create.
For that I am using as library (-lpthread):
libpthread.so.0->libpthread-0.10.so

For debugging purposes, I am using gdbserver in the target (AT91RM9200).
gdbserver must use library: libthread_db.so.1->libthread_db-1.0.so

Now I describe the problem:

1. When I set a breakpoint inside a thread code, I get a SIGTRAP.
2. After creating several threads (POSIX: pthread_create),
command: info threads, result in: 1 main...............
3. Sometimes after running a while, I get a message in the gdbserver
console:
Gdb: error initalizing thread_db library: version mismatch between
libthread_db and libpthread

Both of the libraries come from the same Debian distribution, for ARM
architecture.

Daniel mentions problem pointing to libraries. For such situation,
the config is:
- For the gdbserver:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib/:/app/arm/debug/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

- For the gdb (host):
set solib-absolute-prefix /dev/null/
set
solib-search-path /app/arm/debug/:/app/arm/bitbaketmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/

I could miss something. Some ideas ?

Regards,

> Thanks for the link.
> But I guess my problem is not described there.
> I have another message:
> Gdb: error initalizing thread_db library: version mismatch between libthread_db and libpthread
>
> I have read in the mailing list that both should have the same glibc.
> (what do you mean there?).
>
> In another hand, I am already pointing solib-absolute-prefix to the directory libraries.

If you're doing that, and getting the above error, then you are not
pointing to the correct libraries.

--
Jesus Gomez Rio
R&D Technician