debugging stripped binary/library & coredump without binary

Hi,

For certain reasons I want strip the symbols in my modules. But I want
to know how to debug the program in such case. I used to debug running
program at object/assembly level but only with the help of symbols
which help me in setting breakpoints. But with symbols stripped, I am
at loss as to how to debug. I know there is a command called
"symbol-file" in gdb which will help in loading the symbol file. Not
sure if it is of help. But I could not figure out how to generate
symbol file for a program or library though I spent some time with gcc
and ld man pages.

I also want to know if there is anyway in opening the coredump and
debugging it if the actual program is not available.

If anyone knows the answers then please let me know. It will be of
immense help for me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Sudhakar