Re: How to use shell environment variable in GDB?

Does gdb support custom command? If so, I can define the 3 commands
you mentioned as  one custom command.

Thanks
Weihua

2007/6/12, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:00:02PM +0800, Weihua JIANG wrote:
> E.g. I have a shell environment variable CSR which points to a deep
> directory. Now I hope to load the executable file using below command:
>         file  $CSR/bin/aaa
> But, since GDB can't recognize this environment variable, it can't
> load the executable file.
>
> How can I use BASH environment variable in GDB?

This is not supported. You might be able to use this hack:

  shell echo file $CSR/bin/aaa > tmp.scr
  source tmp.scr
  shell rm tmp.scr

--