Re: "failed to find valid object file", but which object file? (using static libraries)

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 10:47 +0200, Bram Kuijper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as a newbie, I am debugging a program which uses a number of self-made
> static libraries. When running (gdb) start, the first message I get is:
>
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
> 0x08048d15 in main ()
>
> Is there any way to find _which_ object file has failed to be read in?
>
> A simple ldd ./program will only give me a listing of standard linux
> shared libraries, whereas no static libraries are displayed (I presume
> the error is in one of my self-made static libraries).

Could you give more information regarding the version of gdb being used,
for which architecture and a small test case for the same ? Also the set
of commands that you give to launch gdb so that you get the error would
be most useful.

cheers
-Ramana

--