Re: Error "found in psymtab but not in symtab"

Indira <yoursindu@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks Jim. Can you tell me on what basis the symbols are added in
> psymtab. Why we have so many tables like symtabs, psymtab, aux
> symtab,aux psymtab etc.

It can take a long time and a lot of memory to read full symbol
information, most of which may never be used.  So we read just enough
to allow us to know where to look for more details.

If I'm guessing what you're referring to, "aux symtab" and "aux
psymtab" aren't separate structures; they're just specific functions
that consult the usual symtab and psymtab functions.

Files like dwarf2read.c, dbxread.c, stabsread.c, and coffread.c parse
debugging information and put it in a canonical internal form.  They
use common routines in buildsym.c.  You'll need to start from 'struct
objfile' and work your way through.