Re: What's an annex? stratum?

> Documentation is not about beauty, though some attention to readability
> and nice presentation is certainly worth while. If you follow a policy
> of implement now -- document never, you eventually get a mess in which
> you find it unreasonably hard to do anything. I find it a bit amazing
> for *anyone* to argue in favor of inadequate documentation!

I think you misunderstood what Jim was saying. Jim documents his code
very well, and gives examples of that. What he says is that it's a lot
easier to maintain doco besides the associated code itself rather than
maintain a separate document (which is pretty much what you argued for).
Given the amount of resources that we have, this is probably the most
pragmatic approach to keeping our code documented.

--
Joel