Re: early buf termination

s88 wrote:

      I'm implementing a gdb stub for my ARM simulator with TCP connection.
As I query the registers information from gdb, I got
"fetch_register_using_p: early buf termination" msg.

(gdb) info registers
r0             fetch_register_using_p: early buf termination
(gdb)

the gdb client send the packet which contains "$p0#a0" to my gdb server.
The gdb server reply 0 (should be $0#something) to the gdb client.

You can read remote.c:3419 for more information. I think the meaning is: unexpected message end. It should be more characters but your message terminated. You should give GDB the standard RSP response.

Regards,
Wenbo
--
Wenbo Yang

The State Key Lab. of Information Security
Graduate School of CAS, 19A Yuquan Road, Beijing, China
Homepage: http://solrex.cn

SimpLight Nanoelectronics Ltd. 6 Zhichun Road, 10th Floor, Beijing, China
Phone: +86-10-5126-6989   ---  Email: wenbo.yang@simplnano.com