Remote mutli-threaded debugging with large number of threads

Hello,
I faced recently strange issue using remote gdb debugging (cross i386-ppc). With ~60 threaded application debugging does not work well.

Info threads returns incomplete information:
(gdb) info threads
  60 Thread 2150  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  59 Thread 2151  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  58 Thread 2152  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  57 Thread 2153  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  56 Thread 2155  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  55 Thread 2156  0x00000000 in ?? ()
  54 Thread 2157  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Problem does not exist when I try to debug ~17 threaded application, and debugging works fine with the same cross-configuration:
(gdb) info threads
  17 Thread 8563  0x0f211518 in do_sigwaitinfo () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libc.so.6
  16 Thread 8564  0x0f93670c in sem_wait@GLIBC_2.0 () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
  15 Thread 8565  0x0f93670c in sem_wait@GLIBC_2.0 () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
  14 Thread 8566  0x0f934264 in pthread_cond_timedwait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
  13 Thread 8567  0x0f933ea8 in pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
  12 Thread 8568  0x0f29ca4c in ?? () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libc.so.6
  11 Thread 8569  0x0f934264 in pthread_cond_timedwait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /tftpboot/nfs/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

Also when I'm usling local gdb and attach to ~60 threaded application info threads shows correct output, so problem does not exist.

Is this a bug or still something is misconfigured?

My environment:
GDB 6.6
gdbserver on ppc
gdb on i386-linux or i386-cygwin (on both results are the same 17 threads work fine, 60 are having problem)
I'm also using this with Eclipse with great results on 17 threads while in 60 threads after hitting breakpoint stepping is really slow and practically does not work.

Regards
Maciej Sikorski