Question on cross compiling...

I wish to confirm whether my understanding is correct or not.

Has GDB been modified so that it can read cross-platform core files yet?  I
can not find in 6.6 docs whether this has been completed or even begun
although I have found several posts which indicate that this effort is
underway.

At this point I would say that it is not complete if underway, is that a
correct assessment?

MEB