Re: Posting from work/university addresses

Robin Getz <rgetz@blackfin.uclinux.org> writes:

> On Thu 2 Aug 2007 13:10, Robert Dewar pondered:
> > Robin Getz wrote:
> >
> > > Please make sure that this doesn't filter the requirements currently in place
> > > by EU based folks - who are now required by law to post all kinds of stuff
> > > (business address, company directors, etc) in their emails...
> >
> > Let's make sure that we really know the rules before we follow them!
> > Almost no one from the EU posts this stuff, and I have never heard
> > of such a requirement in connection with our paris based company.
>
> There are some people following them now - due to company policy - RedHat in Cambridge
> and Analog Devices in Munich - I know for sure...

The goal is not to eliminate random stuff from footers.  Lots of
people include company affiliation in their e-mail message.  The goal
is specifically to eliminate the disclaimers which say things like
"this message must not be distributed to unauthorized viewers."

Ian