GDB coupling to external plotting tools

I know that the DDD-project has been interfacing GDB to Gnuplot earlier on
(nothing seems to happen in that direction these days *sigh*).

I am considering a similar stunt, but from GDB towards Octave in order to
get access to plotting data e.g. plotting a vector
  float a[4]={3,4,56,45};

I guess that there are already ways of making hooks into GDB to get
data out to external programs e.g. Octave, so if some of you could
enlightenten me and direct me to more info on this I would be very happy.

If you are interested in such a GDB->Octave interfacing project mail me.

Best regards

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@linuxbog.dk] http://petertoft.dk