Re: adding comments/labels?

> I'll just have to do it the hardway and cludge through the source and
> figure out where symbol resolution occurs. Thanks for the typical OSS/FS
> help ('no do it my way instead')

I think you are being unfair to Daniel. He's one of the very few that
are constantly helping people using & modifying GDB. He just gave
you the solution which he believes is going to help you most. It's
too bad it's not the answer you were hoping for.

As far as your specific question goes: Name resolution is performed
in symtab.c (all the "lookup_..." routines). You'll probably benefit
from reading the "internals" documentation section on symbols.

--
Joel