Re: MI: "^running" issues

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 08:56:06PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
> > Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:04:13 +0400
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
> >  gdb@sources.redhat.com
> >
> > That's pretty much what I was complaining recently -- without a design
> > doc for async mode it's not only impossible to understand the existing
> > code, but it's also impossible to understand the code that you're proposing.
>
> We don't require a design doc for any other change, and I don't see
> why the async mode should be any different.

We ask for more information than we've got in this case, though.  And
you try to get internals chapters written for things like this :-)

We're in a tricky situation.  The developers of async mode were
respected contributors - but they're not here any more to explain
their work.  It doesn't work as-is, so we can't test it.  And Nick's
patches to bring it into shape require someone who really understands
what they're doing to review them.  That's not going to be me, since I
couldn't figure the patches out when I last tried.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery