cross-compile GDB ?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had tried cross-compiling GDB. My goal
is to build gdbserver for LynxOS 3 from a sparc-solaris machine.
Adding native support for LynxOS could take a while, but I think
that adding LynxOS support to the gdbserver would allow me to use
my version of GDB server. The one that they distribute with LynxOS 3
is too old and doesn't work well with newer versions of GDB (I think).

Is that possible at all? Right now, libiberty complains because it
is trying to test the compiler on the host by trying to run a small
test executable. It suggests to use the --host switch, but doing that
didn't help.

Thanks,
--
Joel