This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Where to hook reading of new symbol file
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Rodney M. Bates" <rodney dot bates at wichita dot edu>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:41:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: Where to hook reading of new symbol file
- References: <470040A1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 07:34:41PM -0500, Rodney M. Bates wrote:
> Where would be the right place to hook in some language/compiler-
> dependent actions to be executed whenever a new symbol file is
> loaded for any reason, e.g., file command, attach command, or
> specified on the gdb command line?
Probably the new_objfile observer, but it depends what you need to do